I am often lost. Even though the Lord has saved me, I forgot my new identity, and my new creation in the Lord, because I know so little God's words. There is a constant hunger and thirst for God's words. Lord, feed me with your words. I decide to re-read Paul's letters from today on. I will try to write down the meditation on Paul's letters when I go through the words. (All words are from New American Standard Version).
Chapter 1
1Paul, (A)called as an apostle of Jesus Christ by (B)the will of God, and (C)Sosthenes our (D)brother,
2To (E)the church of God which is at (F)Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints (G)by calling, with all who in every place (H)call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours:
My thoughts:
Paul knows who he is and he has great confidence in his new identity. He knows he belongs to Jesus, King of Kings, and has a special identity on earth. How he becomes what he is today is by the will of God. This level of confidence and sense of security give him the courage to write the letter to the church he is concerned about.
保罗在写此信时,他知道哥林多教会的情形,有很多的罪和黑暗,但是他仍然称这个在哥林多的教会为:神的教会,已被基督洁净的教会,是蒙召的圣徒,在每个地方都求告耶稣基督主的名的教会。
No comments:
Post a Comment