1/23/2008

Darkness - Light

What a wretched man I am!
I am besieged in layers and layers of darkness
My heart is in the darkest of the dark
I tried, tried, and tried to break it through, oh Lord
But no matter what I do, I am sinking into an even darker dark.

Oh Lord, only you can deliver me from this darkest dark
Because you said:

Because of the tender mercy of our God
By which the rising sun will come to us from heaven
To shine on those living in darkness And in the shadow of death
To guide our feet into the path of peace (Luke 1: 78-79)

因我们神怜悯的心肠,叫清晨的日光从高天临到我们,
要照亮坐在黑暗中死荫里的人。把我们的脚引到平安的路上。

Oh Lord, please with your tender mercy
shine on me with the rising light from heaven
shatter the dark, the chains, in my heart
break it!
Oh, Lord, I need you!
Hear my desperate cries!
My only hope is in you!
My only salvation is in you!
Oh, Lord, please do not forsake me!
do not keep me in the dark
I am so besieged, so trapped, so hopeless, so helpless
Oh, Lord, let me feel your presence
Let me put trust in you
Only you know how to care for me
Remember me in your presence
Heed my groans

No comments: